In a city the size of NYC it’s hard to keep up with all the changes in clubland. Nightclubs in New York open and close at the drop of a hat and people’s attitudes and preferences also change very quickly as well, making it difficult to keep track of the best places to go out. For many people, NYC is the home of nightclubbing in this country, from cool intimate venues to large cranking clubs this city has something for everyone.
Regardless if you like house music to hip-hop and R&B you can find it in NYC. Manhattan has the largest concentration of clubs anywhere in NYC. From the trendy suburbs of SOHO to Hell’s Kitchen Manhattan, NYC has something for everyone. Whether you have friends visiting from out of town or you’re planning a night out with a group of friends it’s a good idea to research what’s happening in the city before heading out the door. To help you with your nightlife planning I’ve put together a list of the top 5 NYC nightclubs.
- Pacha is one of Europe’s most famous night clubs and it has called NYC home for many years. The club is located in the area known as Hell’s Kitchen in New York. The night club is seriously massive, with 4 floors of music to choose from. The night club brings a lot of big name European DJ’s over to perform on a regular basis.
- S.O.B.’s is short for ‘Sounds of Brazil’ is located in SOHO; this Latin club plays a wide range of music from Afropop to Samba and live music. There have been a number of big-name guests who have performed at the club recently, including Erykah Badu and Blackalicious to name a few.
- Cielo is located in the Meatpacking District, Cielo has been rated one of the best places to experience house music in NYC. Besides house music the nightclub serves up a mixture of other styles of music, including Afro-Latin beats to soul and Jazz music.
- Marquee is one of NYC’s most exclusive clubs located in the trendy suburb of Chelsea. This night club is ultra cool and attracts a long list of VIP to the venue. On the weekends it can be quite difficult to gain entry into the club, so it’s advised you dress to impress to have any chance of entering.
- China Club is one of NYC’s trendiest night clubs. If you want to mingle with some of New York’s most hip people the China Club is the venue for you. The club is located in Midtown near Times Square the venue has had plenty of famous people pass through its doors from Elton John to Stevie Wonder.
New York has an amazing nightlife from hip bars to ultra cool nightclubs, there’s something for everyone in this city. Whether you’re into Jazz or house music there’s a venue to suit your every need.
The only thing about NYC nightclubs is that they can change quite quickly, so it’s recommended you check your local guides before heading out.
James has recently moved to NYC and he loves the nightlife.
The city has so many bars and nightclubs to choose from. It doesn’t matter the day of the week there’s always something going on. The hardest thing is working out what NYC nightclubs to go to. He recommends using Metro212 the site contains complete night club and event listings.